Friday, February 21, 2014

Five on Friday: Readingjunky


For today’s Five on Friday we interviewed Sally over at Readingjunky.  Sally teaches Children’s Lit and Adolescent Lit at Siena Heights University in Adrian, MI.  Her students post book reviews every week here.  Be sure to check them out!
What was your favorite book last year (2013)?
ELEANOR & PARK by Rainbow Rowell – To be totally honest, I passed it by for months thinking it just didn’t seem like something I would like.  I finally purchased a copy, read it, and still find myself thinking about it months later.
What advice do you wish you could give to your younger self?
Be confident in who you are!  I stayed in the shadows and didn’t realize I had a lot to be proud of and a lot of great stuff to offer.  You don’t have to be an athlete or a popular kid to be a great kid.
What super power do you wish you had and why?
My name would be Timesaver and I’d wear a huge clock like Flavor Flav.  My super power would be add hours to your day when you are faced with time commitments that don’t allow you time for yourself or time to relax with family and friends.  I could grant your wish for more than a 24-hour day.
What are three things you always have with you?
A book, a backup book, and a backup for the backup book.
What's your favorite season of the year?
I am completely enjoying our record-breaking Michigan winter because the snow days are great for added reading time. 
Sally, keep enjoying the snow and writing the book reviews!


ABOUT THIS BLOGGER


Jessica Donbrosky lives in Richmond, VA, and is the youngest of 6 children.  She has a BS in Sociology from Brigham Young University – Idaho.  She spent her teenage years writing hundreds of horrid poems that she can’t bring herself to burn.  Now she uses her creativity to write YA and New Adult fiction.
When Jessica isn’t writing or reading she’s running local races in the Richmond area, working on developing her photography skills, and trying out new recipes for anything sweet.  You can check out her blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment