Friday, April 18, 2014

Five on Friday: Erica at the Book Cellar


We’ve interviewed Erica at The Book Cellar.  Erica is a college student pursuing degrees in English Education and Professional Writing and Publishing.  After graduation, she wants to work in publicity in publishing.  She’s obsessed with anything Frozen and Tangled, and when she’s not blogging, she’s doing photography.  You can follow her on Twitter or on Facebook.  Of course, be sure to check out her blog.

What was your favorite book last year (2013)? 

Young adult wise, The Testing by Joelle Charbonneau. It is this brilliant dystopian (and I don’t even really like dystopian!) that is scary real.  It is kind of the idea of the SATs from hell.  It is brilliant.

What are three things you always have with you?

  • Chapstick
  • Kindle
  • Phone

What advice do you wish you could give to your younger self? 

Don't be so afraid of what others think. I used to be so cautious about what others thought and that had a big impact on my life. Now, I just kind of follow the motto of “let them think that, it doesn't matter to me.” I follow this policy for my blog too. I write what I would like to read about and just hope everyone else likes it as well.

What's your favorite season of the year? 

Summer. I am all about the warmth. To answer any hesitations about that, I'm pointing you to this video, since Olaf says it much better than I:



If you could pick anyone (living or dead) as a mentor, who would you choose and why?

This question is so tricky, but I'd probably say Jane Austen, because she is simply brilliant. She was so accomplished, even though it was an era where women were told they weren't allowed to do much.


ABOUT THIS BLOGGER


Jessica Donbrosky lives in Richmond, VA, and is the youngest of 6 children.  She has a BS in Sociology from Brigham Young University – Idaho.  She spent her teenage years writing hundreds of horrid poems that she can’t bring herself to burn.  Now she uses her creativity to write YA and New Adult fiction.
When Jessica isn’t writing or reading she’s running local races in the Richmond area, working on developing her photography skills, and trying out new recipes for anything sweet.  You can check out her blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment