Sunday, January 10, 2010

Ever Been Snogged??


First kisses are magical, aren't they? Or maybe not...

If you're with the person of your dreams and you're prepared for that special moment, that first kiss can be heaven. But what if you're Kasey Maxwell--the heroine of Freaksville by Kitty Keswick--and you're taken totally by surprise?

Here's a sneak peek at Kasey and Josh’s first kiss in Freaksville:


“Have you ever been snogged?” Josh asked.

“What? Ohmigosh no! It sounds awful!”

“Really? I should like to prove you wrong.” His voice dropped an octave lower.

He placed his hands at my waist and tugged me closer. I stumbled slightly, then steadied myself on the solidness of his chest. His lips brushed mine. The sensation of a million little fingers tickled my entire body. At first, I didn’t know what to do. I followed his lead and relaxed as much as I could. I squeezed my eyes shut and immersed all thoughts in the task. My brain liquefied into slush.

It was finally happening, the moment I had waited for! Cue the choir and the bright lights! 

His skilled tongue darted out and licked my lips, urging them open. Josh smiled against my mouth. Suddenly, something slick flicked against my teeth.

Whoa! I sooo didn’t see it coming. Otherwise, I would have eaten a case of Tic-Tacs.

The kiss deepened and so did his tongue’s advances. Shocked by the tongue tango, a murmur escaped me as I concentrated on not biting off such a nimble instrument.   Relax, breathe, breathe.

Josh's hands traveled up my side, creating more chills, and found my face. His mouth continued to work mine as his fingers rubbed tiny circles on my cheeks. He was skilled in the art of snogging. If his kisses got any hotter, my fillings would melt.

Gad! Did I remember to floss? Flossing was important. What if I had a chunk of something gooey between my teeth and it fell off? Ack ! I can’t think about…whoa!


Want to read more? Get your copy of the book NOW at our online store. And don't forget to take advantage of our BLUE MOON special.

And for even more fun, share the story of your first kiss. Was it good, bad, or so-so?  Author Kitty Keswick will be sending an autographed copy of Freaksville to one lucky commenter this week. So respond to any of our posts about Kitty throughout the rest of the week and you might be our lucky winner.

5 comments:

  1. Oh man! That was really really awesome. She wanted it and at the same time she was hesitant! I'm so going to buy this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing that sexy snippet!
    I really enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I wouldn't mind a kiss like that. LOVE the sneek peak. Would also love to read more. My first kiss? In a bathroom with a boy I didn't know. It was very sweet. No tongues were involved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. I had fun sharing Kasey's first snog session. There's a lot of humor in the scene, too. So I hope everyone gets a chance to read it all the way through...past the British hottie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this excerpt! I cant wait to read the whole book!

    ReplyDelete