Friday, April 10, 2015

BEWARE THE LITTLE WHITE RABBIT Excerpt: Undercover Alice

This excerpt from Jennifer Moore's short story (included in our Alice-in-Wonderland inspired anthology) features Alice as an intrepid young reporter on her way to discovering a much weirder story than she expected!

Undercover Alice


WELCOME TO WONDERLAND, says the glittery banner stretched across the entrance. THE HOME OF HAT COUTURE. Wow. This place looks even bigger and swankier in real life. And the short, scared-looking girl staring back at me from the mirror
ed windows seems even more terrified than the last time I looked. Maybe just one more equipment inspection to steady my nerves:

Swanky new camera phone?

Check.

Embarrassing lucky troll charm from an old cereal box?

Check.

Courage to actually see this thing through?

Damn it, I knew I’d forgotten something. Maybe I should just turn round now and forget all about it. There must be a hundred other stories I could be reporting on instead, a hundred other ways to impress Jason.

Alice, if you can get us the inside scoop on the Maddy Hatter launch at Wonderland, it’ll be the biggest story since the skinny-dipping scandal of 2012. Bigger maybe. After all, if there’s one thing the students of Dodgson High like even more than naked Spanish teachers in the school pool, it’s celebrity gossip. And gossip follows that woman round like a bad smell. Get me the lowdown on her new hat range and a picture of Dana Duchess and I’ll be your slave for life.

Heart beating twice as fast at the merest thought of Jason Hopper?

Check.

Okay, deep breath. I can do this. I can. Just walk right in like I’m supposed to be there and see how far I get.

I mean, what’s the worst that can happen?



Ready to get the whole story along with Jennifer's Alice? iTunesSmashwords and Amazon are accepting orders now for BEWARE THE LITTLE WHITE RABBIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment